Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Project Life 2012: The Plan

Plan.
That word just makes me chuckle a little.

As "planned" I am beginning another year of Project Life. Another year of documenting this crazy road that our lives are taking us on, both good and bad; big and small.
I "plan" on taking a photo a day. Or doing several a week. Or just keeping it simple like my 2011 Project Life album and doing a monthly review type album.
We shall see.

Becky Higgins encouraged us project-lifers to examine ourselves and discover what our 'big picture' is for our albums this year.

My big picture is simple...
-document our life.
-document our new baby and all of the milestones we are going to encounter this year .
-document more of Landen's family in this album.
-document the little things, like brushing our teeth (okay, maybe not that but who knows!).
-spend less time over-analzying the process and more time doing it.
-include Landen's handwriting more, and try to get some of our families handwriting too.

Materials I am going to use are...
-the Becky Higgins photo page protectors (currently out of stock)
-the Becky Higgins page protector big variety pack (currently out of stock)
-Becky Higgins 3x4 journaling cards-(currently out of stock)
-black faux leather 12x12 album from We are Memory Keepers
-regular 8.5x11 page protectors for sewing and customizing
-and other things from my stash.

Project Life on the blog...
As far as this year I am determined to do better about posting picture of my layouts, my materials that I am using, and my inspirations, encouragements, and motivations. My goal is to do weekly layouts (Sun-Sat), get pictures printed on Sunday and scrap my layouts Sun/Mon, and then post to my blog on Mon/Tues.
Wish me luck.

Other Scrapbook projects I'm working on...
I am still working hard to get my 2011 album finished. I have ordered my December photos and will hopefully have them by Saturday and can finish the album, shoot the video, and post it by Sunday. One again, "planning".

I am also creating a pregnancy journal that I will sharing with you soon. I got a few weeks behind digitally on it so I am working hard to get caught up. I hope to print two copies of this book: one copy for me to keep and one copy for the little one to have as they get older.


I appreciate all of the encouragement that you all have been over the last few months. I also have a post planned showing some pictures of our new house. It's slowly coming together and I spent a lot of time over break working to spruce it up a little more. I'm falling more and more in love with it everyday.

Are any of you doing Project Life this year? What are some your frustrations/fears/excitements over the project? I'd love to hear from you!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great plan! Can't wait to see your video and your pregnancy scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...