Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Farewell 515 Harrison

Photobucket

It's funny.
You get so caught up in the busyness of certain events that you forget to stop and savor them.
This whole ordeal of selling our house started back in April.
At first, the feelings were surprise, then excitement, then frustration as week after week went by and we kept receiving little to no news.
Finally we found out that all the buyers stuff is ready to go and all we were waiting on was the title.
Woohoo.
Not.
We then find out that somehow, 4 buyers back, someone forgot to sign the stinking deed.
Which led our realtor on a wild goose chase around the neighborhood chasing after some man who had to sign some ridiculous affa-somethingoranother in order to FINALLY get our house sold.
Now, it's the 6th of July and our house is tentatively scheduled to close tomorrow @ 5:45.
We'll see.
But the whole point of this post was not to bore you with the facts of how we sold our home.
But to kinda reminisce with you over some of the memories we had in our home.

1. This was our first home. We had lived in an apartment for a year before we moved to Ohio and God just kinda dropped this house into our laps.
2. We made some really great friends in our next door neighbors. God definitely blessed us with that.
3. We got Abbey and went through the whole crazy puppy period in this house.
4. We had a family BBQ for Landen's 25th birthday here.
5. We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary here.
6. We survived "The Wind Storm" in our house, only suffering minimal danger.
7. We had our first "real" fight. You know, the "if you don't quit throwing tantrums and acting like an idiot I'm going to leave" kinda fight. Even though we both knew no one was going anywhere.
8. We completely gutted and remodeled our upstairs bathroom and our kitchen. Also along the same time as our first fight.
9. My dad, his dad, his grandpa, and our neighbor built our deck. I'm extremely sad to leave it and even contemplated finding someway to sneak it away with us. Landen wasn't a fan. Neither was our realtor. Go figure.
and
10. This was the place that I learned that I could survive away from London, Ky and that I wouldn't die. Because that's what it felt like at first when we moved here. Like I was literally going to die. But God showed me that I was stronger than that, and after while this house became my home.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking way forward to our new home. Pictures will be coming soon. But I will miss our little home on Harrison Avenue and everything that we shared in it. As I'm laying on our mattress in our living room floor, taking in the sounds and smells for the last time, it hit me...these are the moments I am going to remember for the rest of my life.

Thanks a ton for being so patient with me during all this craziness. Hopefully once we get settled in at his mom and dad's I will have a little more time on my hands. Plus I had a great response to my last post about a giveaway for 100 followers. I can't wait to share that with you! Once we start getting closer to 100 I will let you in on the big surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything went or goes smoothly! Closings are sooo stressful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...