Thursday, April 25, 2013

Layouts Within Limitations: A scrapbook challenge

Last week, one of my favorite scrapbookers, the infamous Glitter Girl, posted a challenge to create three layouts from a very limited amount of supplies in the hopes of helping other scrappers push past the "frozen" stage of the process when you have the papers and pictures but don't quite know how to finish the page. 

I decided to step up to the challenge and see just what I could create given only a handful of supplies. While I didn't take a photo of my "kit" that I created I did take photos of the layouts.

Layout 1: A one-photo layout. 
"You Do Crazy Things"
 photo limitationschallenge1.jpg

This is the layout I created for the 1-photo part of the challenge.  I used it as an opportunity to use up some of my scraps and I searched for papers that would help me pull in the red from the photo as I balanced it out with the grey and white background paper and several other grey and yellow patterned papers.  I love the way that it turned out and I know that this technique of layering lots of blocks of patterned paper on top of each other is something I would have never normally tackled on my own. 


Layout 2: A two-photo layout. 
"Pumpkin Festival"
 photo limitationschallenge2.jpg

This is the 2-photo layout I created for the challenge. I really went out of my comfort zone for this one because I scrapped seasonal photos without using any seasonal or theme-y products. I pulled colors from the photos and I love the way that it turned out. You would really never know that these photos were taken in the fall if not for the title and some of the scenery in the background. 

and finally

Layout 3: A three-photo layout. 
"Love Knows No Distance"
 photo limitationschallenge3.jpg

This is the 3-photo layout I created.  I love the simplicity behind this page. I also love that I have just one main cluster of embellishments and journaling as opposed to trying to come up with several different spots. I think the colors work well together and I am so glad that I finally got around to documenting this story of how distance can't separate those who love each other. 

You can view Glitter Girl's video below, and make sure you check out her other videos in the Adventures of Glitter Girl series. They are so inspiring and she is truly one of my favorite scrappers!

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job following Glitter Girl's challenge! I especially the gray/red/yellow combo on the one-photo layout - very inspiring for some Disney World photos I need to get scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, the titles really suit each of the pages, which is something I really struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layouts!!! love your interpretation of GG layouts!! this was an awesome adventure, love how it inspired all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 great layouts! Great color combo you chose!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...