Saturday, July 14, 2012

My altered Simple Stories Album & Tutorial Video

Hello everyone!
We are leaving for vacation tomorrow! Woohoo!
Before I go though I wanted to share with you my mini album that I will be using to document our trip when we get back.
I joined Lisa Truesdell's Divide and Conquer class over at Two Peas in a Bucket because I had already purchased the Simple Stories album and I knew that if I didn't find a reason to use it the thing would probably sit on my shelf till the cows came home. 
So today I did something I don't normally do.  I took a risk. I NEVER take risks. Ask my husband, the risk taker, how many times I take risks. He would be rolling his eyes right if he even knew I was typing this. 
But I've been feeling, dare I say, risky lately so I decided to grab my old craft knife out and hack into my already perfect album cover and try to make it into what I had pictured in my head.
AND IT WORKED!!!

Behold, my mini album cover!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took this album:
           


Cut out a 4x4 hole in the cover.
Added some Heidi Swapp Paper and a Studio Calico Wood Veneer house.
And Presto!
I LOVE IT!!!!

I also ventured into some unchartered territory and filmed the whole process. Don't be intimidated by my mad videoing skill and my even madder editing skills. *Insert eye-roll here* But hey it's about having fun and being proud of your work, and I had fun and I am one proud Mama!!!


You can view the video here:
*Be nice please....I know, my video skills suck, but hey, if you like it and provide me with fabulous encouragement it will only inspire me to make them better and better and before you know it, Steven Spielberg himself will be inviting me over to dinner. 

I will link the items that I used below in case you want to try to your hand at altering the album yourself or if you want to just leave it as is and decorate the heck out of it. The sky is the limit!
Alright, I am gonna go now, Adeline has her face down in the play-mat and is getting pretty ticked off.

Crafty Mama to the rescue..........





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! Love it. The window and the little house wood veneer are just the perfect touch for the album cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! You did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...