Thursday, November 03, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day #3- My parents

Photobucket

So I am one of those incredibly lucky people who get to say that my parents rock.
I'm not kidding.
They are stellar in the parent department.
I know that everyone says that they have the greatest parents in the world
but I know for a fact that when we are all in Heaven, Jesus is going to have a special rewards ceremony just for them for achieving "Parenting Greatness".
And no, I don't get extra Christmas presents for saying these things.
I really do love my parents. Growing up in their household wasn't always easy, and we definitely had, and still have, our all-knowing-parent/wayward-child moments, but in the end I know that NO ONE has my back the way my parents do.
If I can be even 1/32 of a percent as great as my parents I will be doing good in life.
I've written other mushy posts about my parents that made them gag in their recliners reading them, but I just want you to all know (and you too Mom & Dad):
Thank you GOD for my parents!

I mean look at them!
Photobucket

What are you thankful for today?

I'd love for you to join me on this journey of documenting all the things we are thankful for! Grab a button on the left and add it your posts and don't forget to link up below!





3 comments:

  1. SO good. I am thankful for my parents too. I am sure they will be on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, it's always nice to have good and loving parents. I love mine too! Such a thoughtful and sweet post and a great picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of us that are lucky enough to have our parents it is something to be thankful for. My daughter's father walked away when she was born and now that she's 25 and I know I try to be as good a parent as both mine have been to me!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...