Friday, June 03, 2011

Dear Landen,

Yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? Four years! I know that everyone keeps saying "Wait till it's 24 or 34 or 54", but I think we are doing great just as we are! I am so thankful that God decided to place you in my life when I least expected it. Just when I had decided to give up on dating for awhile; to let God do the work and create in me the girl He wanted me to be; just when I had decided I was fine being single...God decided it was time to give me you.
Remember how I struggled over the decision for months? I had made a promise to God that the next guy I dated would be the one I was going to marry. Remember how patient you were as you courted me and prayed with me and respected the time I needed to decide what to do. I think those were some of my favorite months. From March to August you stood patiently by, not knowing for sure if anything would ever happen between us, taking a risk. I'm so glad you did.
Remember that first summer. Talking till late into the night even though we both had to get up early to go to work. I remember getting those butterflies every time I saw your name pop up on my phone. I remember when my parents agreed to let me go on my first date with you. To a wedding in Hamilton, OH. Isn't it funny that God placed us 3 years later in house less than 1/4 of a mile away from the church where the wedding was held.
I remember that first date. I was still so unsure if this was the plan God had for me. Did I like you? Absolutely. It was probably growing closer to loving you. But I was so scared to break my promise to God that I just kept praying and you kept waiting. I remember when we were driving home and you held my ring finger. You said you were protecting it for the man I was going to marry, even if it wasn't you. I'm so glad that it was you.
I remember on August 25, 2o05 when I called you and told you that I had something important to say. I told you that I was finally sure that God wanted me to be with you. I remember asking you if you knew what that meant. That if I knew God was telling me to be with you, then that mean't that God was telling me I was going to marry you. I was scared of what you were going to say when faced with the actual reality of it all. I acted confident, but I was scared silly. I remember how you got a little teary-eyed and said "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that."
I love you.
Photobucket
(first picture together)
January 26, 2006 came and so did our engagement. I remember being so surprised when I looked up and saw those words on that old marquee.
Photobucket

Shocked by the actuality of it all, but even more shocked that you remembered a conversation from when we first met the previous March; walking down the street in a big group after BCU and I made the remark to everyone how I thought it would be so romantic to be proposed to on that marquee. Good one.
I remember how exciting it was to show of my ring and then the next day to see that they had changed the sign to say "She said yes!".
Photobucket
I'd say it over again any day. I also remember how I taped over the recording of the proposal accidentally. I felt so bad.
Wedding planning started pretty quickly even though we still had a year and a half to wait. We knew it was important to wait till you had graduated. In May when you graduated and got your job at the bank as a loan officer I couldn't have been more proud.
I also remember how crazy I became the summer before our wedding because of a certain medication I was on. You must have had the patience of Job to deal with me cause I sure wouldn't have. Thanks for still being there to calm down my irrational worrisome antics.

June 2, 2007 rolled around and with it came the best day of my life. The day I married you. Remember how we woke up so anxious for the day to get started. I remember that you never called and I got my feelings hurt so I finally called you and you were like "I thought you weren't allowed to talk to or see the bride before the wedding." I thought that was hilarious. I remember the jittery feelings I had waiting outside the door of the sanctuary. Waiting to hear that familiar wedding march, waiting to see you. I remember your face. You looked so happy to see me. I think it was at that exact moment that I knew I had found my perfect match. It truly was the happiest day of my life.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Since that day, 4 years ago, we've done a lot. We celebrated our first anniversary not long after we moved to Ohio. Remember eating our wedding cake a year late. I sure do. Yuck!
Photobucket

We've both graduated college, we moved from KY to OH and added a cute little schnauzer named Abbey to the mix. We've went to ball games, and musicals, and every fair or festival in our area. We've had our ups and we've had our downs. We've went from an apartment, to a house, and we're fixing to move to another house. We've seen births and we've seen deaths, and we've been beside each other through them all. I couldn't think of anyone else that I would have liked to share this crazy thing called life with. And I'm glad that on March 31st, 2005 God decided to place you at a table with my parents, on a random night that I just happened to be singing at school, and that you had the courage to come up and talk to me afterwards.
I love you Landen, and I'll always love you.
Promise Promise.
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...