Sunday, April 03, 2011

A "slam my head into a tree" moment...

This is the story of a girl in love... you might call it a love story...
Photobucket

The story begins back in October of 2010 when I bought this fancy shmancy new camera that I had always wanted.
It was love at first sight...from the moment I held my lenses in my hands and felt the smooth click of them attaching to my DSLR camera body I knew that I had found my match.
The rest was history.
Just like any other love story, my camera and I were inseparable. We did everything together. Went on walks, took trips, annoyed friends and family members with awkward moments.

And then it happened. The day I'd been waiting for. Our first big outing together. I had been planning for months...researching photography websites. Looking at photos for examples of what to take.
The day arrived. I packed up my precious cargo tightly into its bubble wrap casing. I lowered it gently into the car. I spoke anxiously with Landen about how excited I was to finally get to use the camera the way it was supposed to be used. I was as giddy as a school girl.
We pulled off the road. I jumped out of the car, ran to the trunk. Grabbed my camera bag, unloaded my new best friend, slung the strap around my neck.
I carefully removed the lense cap. Turned it on, put my finger on the shoot button, and...

....
....
WHAT!!!!!!
I FORGOT THE DANG BATTERY IN THE CHARGER!!!!!!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
*There were many other words floating through my mind at this moment*

I couldn't believe it. In all of my excitement I had forgotten to put the battery back in from charging it the night before. I was so completely depressed. Depressed doesn't even begin to describe it. We were an hour from the cabin so going back wasn't an option. I literally sat in the car and cried.
Landen was completely compassionate and held my hand through the whole process.
It was heart-wrenching.
I wanted to puke.
But, the hike went on.
So, instead of using my new found love to take amazing pictures along the mountain side I used my new iPhone to take a video blog.
So here you go, our hiking trip via video feed.


I did however, take plenty of pictures on the remainder of the trip so I can't wait to share them with you in the next few days.
It was definitely one of those "I want to punch myself in the face" type days.

Have you ever had a moment like this? Ever been looking so forward to something and then forget something HUGE and have to improvise? I'd love to hear your stories!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda! I sent you an email. Let me know if you don't receive it.

    Yes, always charge your batteries. Hee!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...