Wednesday, February 09, 2011

14 Days of Love-Day 9: A love letter

What a day this has been.
A couple of weeks ago I made a comment about a stressful situation at work right now. Well needless to say today we got a little bit of bad news regarding a pretty significant cut in pay. Bummer right?
It made it kind of hard to think about a crafty, sweet gift for Landen today. I know that I should be thankful that a pay cut was all it was and that I still have a job but I think I deserve a few moments of aggravation.
With that being said I decided to go wayyyy back to the basics for Landen's gift and I wrote him a love letter. Turns out the basics wasn't such a bad idea because I think it might be one of the most personal gifts I've made. I'm not going to post the exact details of the letter on here but let's just say I teared up more than once while writing about how much I love him.
Photobucket
Photobucket

To create the base for the letter I took like 10 minutes and created a cute little scrapbook mini using one 12x12 sheet of paper and then added some journaling spots to it. The journaling spots became the background for my letter. I loved the look of the letter once I finished. I also thought I would take this time in the blogosphere to just brag on my husband a little. For those who know my husband they know that he is an extremely financially minded man. (With his job I guess it only makes sense). He creates our budget, makes sure I reign it in on my spending so we can stick to that budget, and freaks out when we get below a certain dollar amount in our checking account. These things are all extremely beneficial in our relationship because I am the exact opposite.

However,
Even with all of his money-tightness (dare I say cheapness?) he was still able to encourage me that we will be alright even after my pay-cut. He's the best.
For those who don't know I am currently working as a para-educator in a school district. Basically I am a certified teacher hired in to assist the other teachers with reading groups, co-teaching, etc. The downside to the job is that it is a one-year gig. After this year I will be jobless and back on the interview market for a "real" teaching job. S.t.r.e.s.s.f.u.l.l.
I know that God is going to provide but I find myself getting extremely down in the dumps sometimes about what will happen if I don't get a job next year. All of our conversations revolve around "when you get a teaching job we will...". I'm so so SO sick of it.
But God will provide.

Landen has been nothing but encouragement to me during this time in my life. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him in my ear constantly telling me how great I am and how much he believes in me. It's nice to be believed in.

I love my husband,
and I hope he knows that.
Happy 9th day of love.

Link up below with your cool projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...