Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years!

I can't believe that another year has come and gone. Where did it go? The house is quiet right now, Landen is at work, my parents are in for the weekend and they are still in bed, and Abbey
is curled up next to them giving me some time to reflect on the last 365 days of my life.

Today is a bittersweet day for us in the O'Banion house. It's exciting that it's New Years eve, but it is tinged with sadness as well. This day last year, Landen's grandpa, an AMAZING man of God passed away. Last night we were watching an Advent video that his grandparents filmed for their church just a few short days before he passed away and it was so nice to hear his voice and see him sitting there reading the word of God. Like I said, just a little bit of sadness today.

Anyway, it's the end of 2010!

Here's a little recap of this year:

*We completely remodeled our kitchen!
*We visited the Gulf Coast for the first time. (It was during the oil spill and we saw our very own tar ball on the beach).
*Landen purchased his first road bike and caused a wreck his first time out. (Ok, so it wasn't really his fault but another car did cut off a motorcyclist causing it to crash because he didn't see Landen on the side of the road!)
*I purchased my first DSLR camera! Definitely still learning how to use it. (See below)
*We added 3 new members to our extended family. Twin cousins, Danier and Kendal were born this summer and our new little nephew Zalek Nyle was born in November!
*We learned that life is precious and everyday we have is a true gift of God.
* I learned what it's like to not know where the next paycheck is going to come from.
* I also learned that God will always provide and was blessed to start the best job ever in August working with some amazing kids!
*I started this blog!
*I finally started my wedding scrapbook (4 years later, I know, I know)
*I re-painted the bedroom wall green (yes, just one wall).
*I learned to appreciate the color green.
*I graduated with my Masters in Elementary Education with a 3.93 GPA *be jealous*

But for all we accomplished this year, there is still so much more we want to do...

*Get our house sold.
*Read my Bible more and study God's Word.
*Find a teaching job.
*Lose that 30 pounds.
*Start and finish Project Life kit.
*Scrapbook more.
*Blog more.
*Learn how to use my camera.
*Call my sister more.
*Run a 5k and possibly complete the Warrior Dash.
*Relax a little!
*Repaint all the trim in the house.
*Pray more.
*Take a photography class.
*Eat better
*Worry less.
*Repaint the front walk up to the house (ok, maybe that's what Landen wants to do, not me!)
*Learn to keep a dang fire going in the fireplace while Landen isn't home.
*Plan and start a family budget.
*Did I mention relax?

Isn't it funny that the new year isn't even here yet and we already have it planned out? We hope that this new year brings you happiness and humor, love and laughter, and peace and prosperity (whoa...that's a lot of alliteration!)

From our *crazy* family to yours,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

xoxo,
Landen, Amanda, & Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...