Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Tennessee state of mind...

Finally! The blog is mostly complete, that is until I change my mind about something I've done and begin the process all over again!

Summer is in full swing here at the O'Banion house. For the first time in a long time I am not working (keep the whole job hunt thing in your prayers please!) so I have had a lot of free time on my hands. Landen has been completely encouraging and I think he is learning to appreciate coming home to a clean house and a home-cooked mean *almost* everyday.

This past weekend we were able to go to Nashville with my family. My aunt and uncle invited us to go with their church to the Sunday Morning Country concert presented by the Christian Music Fellowship. Roy Clark, Guy Penrod, Jason Crabb, and Lulu Roman were just a few of the many performers. They were filming for television so we had all of those added "Stand up and clap" moments that made the whole experience even more interesting. We had such a fun time and my parents enjoyed it so much.

One of the unique buildings in Nashville


The night before the concert we all went to my aunt and uncles to eat and hang out. Before the evening was over we had played guitars and sang, rode go-carts, and I had made a good friend in their great dog Lady.


Towards the end of the night, after we had all sweated ourselves to dehydration we all jumped in the back of my sister's truck and took a picture together. It really was fun night!

My parents had such a great time at the concert. My mom and dad have been wanting to go for years. But not long after we arrived my dad realized that he was probably going to get put on the back burner for awhile. My mom had found the man of her dreams in Guy Penrod.....


Of course we had to get in on the action!

Even though it was such a short trip, we had so much fun. We're already talking about next years trip! Hopefully we will get to spend a little bit more time there next time. Nashville is such a neat city and there is so much talent there! Fan Fair and the CMA Music Fest was also going on the same time we were there and I could just imagine all of the country music talent that was literally within my reach. Maybe we can add that into our trip next year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...