Wednesday, November 09, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day #9-My husband's parents

Photobucket
There are certain conversations that you have with your parents that you never forget.
One of mine was with my mom and I remember her saying to me that she prayed I could have as great of in-laws as she did.
Photobucket
God smiled down on her and answered her prayers.
It always makes me feel sorry for people who have nothing but negative things to say about their spouses parents.
Don't get me wrong. I would never put his parents on the same level as mine, nor would he put mine above his. My parents are the best...I already told you that one. And he feels the same about his.
But if I had to pick a second set of parents, to nurture and care for me, and to be a prayer support, I would have to pick my husband's parents.
After all, they raised him, and he turned out pretty stinking great.
(side note: last night at Chipotle, Landen whipped out his cell phone and showed a complete stranger our ultrasound picture. It doesn't get much better than that ladies, one proud papa!)
Anyway,
My in-laws fear God, they respect each other, and they have set a perfect example that no matter what comes your way you stick it out, because that's what marriage is people, sticking it out. That whole for better or for worse bit wasn't thrown in there just to complete the verse. It's real and it's hard, and they show that marriage is worth it.

So, I am proud to say that I am extremely thankful for my second parents, I couldn't have been blessed with anyone better. I am adding my own prayer to the list. One day, I pray that my kids can have as great of in-laws as I do.

What are you thankful for today?

I'd love for you to join me on this journey of gratefulness. Don't forget to link up below. I am thankful for you and all your thankfulness!



1 comment:

  1. I have great in-laws too! I am SO thankful for them because I know not everyone is that lucky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...