Monday, June 13, 2011

Gonna change my homepage...

Photobucket
So for the past year and a half I have had the same homepage on my computer. It lists all of the available teaching positions in my area and allows me to apply for them with the click of a mouse. Pros:
Convenience
Hope that jobs are available

Cons:
Discouragement that there aren't jobs available
Convenience for others to apply for the same jobs.

I think that it is time to change my homepage.
But not for the reason you are probably thinking...
It's more for this reason:

Amanda O’Banion holds both a bachelor’s degree with a major in music education and a master’s degree with a major in elementary education from University of the Cumberlands. If approved, Amanda will be assigned a fifth grade teaching position at Bridgeport Elementary School. Salary/Masters/Step 2, effective August 29, 2011


That's right playas! I got myself a bonafied teaching job! I am so excited and even more blessed! I called one of my best girlfriends and we had an all-out shriek fest and when I told Landen I thought he was going to poop his pants. Yes...actually poop.his.pants!

So from now I will be buried eyebrow deep in 5th grade science and social studies curriculum and trying to find out all the different ways that I can make next year the best ever!

Thanks for all the prayers and for all the encouraging words. I knew it would feel good when I filled out those papers, but I had no idea it would feel THIS good!
Praise to the Jesus!






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job! Teaching is fun and there is never a dull moment! In August, I will be starting year 11 teaching Kindergarten!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I have enjoyed looking around yours! :) Good luck in August!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...