Tuesday, March 01, 2011

It's that time again...

It's Project Life Tuesday again I am stoked about this weeks post because I am completely caught up!
The last time I posted I still lacked a few photos for January but I finally got all of them printed off and all of my journaling done and I am ready to begin next weeks layout!

I am so excited to share with you what I have finished so far:

First of all, let's back up a bit to January. Now if you remember from my last posts I mentioned that I had finally decided that instead of doing this as a week-to-week thing, I am doing it more on a month-to-month basis. This is why I love Becky Higgins Project Life system. You can do whatever you want!

I also discovered Allie Edwards journaling overlays this week! They are available for purchase over at Designer Digitals and I am using them like crazy! If you check out her blog here you can find a link to download the journalers as well as instructions for how to use them in both Photoshop and Word. Loving them!

Here is an example of how I used it in my album.

Photobucket

They are so versatile. You could print them on any color of cardstock, change the color of the text, and being that they are overlays, even place them on top of photos. She even included overlays for specific days of the week. Perfection!

Here are a couple of my layouts that rounded out the month of January:

Photobucket

and then I began February:
Photobucket

In these layouts I started incorporating 8.5 x 11 page protectors into my album as well. This let me include a print out of my 14 Days of Love Challenge blog post as well as some of my gifts that I gave Landen during the Challenge and our Valentine's cards to each other. I am going to be purchasing the baseball card protectors this week to add all of my Valentine's day cards from the kiddos at school!

And more layouts:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and this weeks layout:
Photobucket

the bigger my album gets I am enjoying it more and more! It is so much fun looking through it and reading about things that happened not so long ago! I'm sure my love affair with all things Becky Higgins is only going to get bigger as the year goes on!

Have any of you been inspired to start Project Life this year? Maybe you are an experienced Project Lifer? I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on staying ahead of the game or creative things you've incorporated into your own albums!

Happy Tuesday!
And check back this evening: I'm hosting another giveaway!!


I'm linking up over at





5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your album-you're doing a fabulous job with it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great album - it's looking brilliant!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how happy I am that I just stumbled across your blog! My husband and I are newly married as well, and we don't have children... I've been doing PL also, and have been having a hard time finding inspiration because almost everyone who links up kind of centers their albums around their kids. Which is awesome - I'm sure I'll do the same thing once we have some... but it's nice to see posts from someone who is more like us :). Your album is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for catching up! (I wish I could do the same!) Your album is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made some 4x6 templates for printing more than one pic per 4x6. Sharing them for free on my blog Enjoy! :) Loving project life. PSD files that use clipping masks http://www.schonakesslerphotography.com/blog/personal/project-life-2011-my-52-week-scrapbook/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...