Friday, February 11, 2011

14 Days of Love-Day 11: A necktie affair

There is one thing about Landen that I can't stand.
I mean I HATE it!
It makes me want to scream...punch something...anything.
His stupid ties.
I mean, he has a ton. And every Christmas it seems like everyone else has the perfect gift, more God-forsaken ties!
I probably wouldn't hate them as bad if it weren't for the fact that they usually end up everywhere else BUT his tie rack in his closet.
Maybe I should do a blog post just on the random places I find his ties.
What do you think?

Anyway
In honor of my hate/hate relationship with his ties I figured I should do something "tie" related.

Photobucket

I'm loving this card. I combined some origami YouTube videos and some creative genius on my part to create this gatefold necktie card. In true Landen style, of course.
Inside I attached a cute little journaling spot letting him know how thankful I am for constantly providing us with financial stability and food (healthy food) for our table. I thank you for the lettuce Landen.

Photobucket

I am going to post a step by step tutorial on how I created this card tomorrow. My stud-muffin, tie-wearin man just got home and I'd like to go smother him with suga.

Happy 11th Day!
Have a cute Valentine project? Link up below!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so cute! It would also be such a great Father's Day gift for all of the grandpa's.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. For the love song subway art, I used my Cricut cutter and cut the phrases out between 1 and 2 1/2 inches tall. I put them down on a 12x24 inch canvas that I got on sale for 40% off at Joann's. Before I peeled off the backing, I positioned everything then rubbed it onto the canvas.

    Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions let me know.
    Happy Valentines Day

    Amanda Joy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...