Saturday, January 22, 2011

Project 31.

I was so excited to wake up this morning, drink my tea, schedule my day, and then hop on my computer to check out what's going on in the world.
God really rewarded me when I saw a new blog segment called Project 31. that I am stoked to be participating in!


You can click on the link above to find out what Project 31. is but in a nut shell it is taking 31 days, based on Proverbs 31 and detailing what it means to be an extraordinary woman. Each day I will be blogging on different topics. I can't wait to get started.

So...why wait!

Day 1: What does beauty mean to me?

Our whole lives we have heard people say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess that's true, but the older I get I am finding that I care more about my beauty than any one else does. I am the one criticizing every wrinkle and speck on my face or every roll on my body. I am the only one who is responsible for my lack of self-esteem; even on my best days.
Over the last few years (blame it on getting older, I guess) I have learned that in order to be a truly beautiful person, it takes more than makeup and cute clothes. People could care less about the outside; they notice the inside WAY more.

Think about it this way? In your social (dare I say gossip?) circles that you find yourself in on a regular basis do your conversations center around what another person looks like, or do they center around another person's character? We hardly ever attack someones appearance.
If the saying is true that I usually notice the flaws in people that I know are areas of concern for myself than I have a long ways to go.
True beauty lives in our souls; you know, where Jesus lives. But sometimes the world starts pushing Jesus out and takes root itself. This is when our "beauty" becomes less beautiful. Compassion, gratitude, love, these are the pieces that make up a beautiful body in Christ. These are what we will be judged on one day when we stand before the Lord to answer for how we live our life. Don't misunderstand, God isn't going to be happy if we destroy our bodies and what He has planned for us over something as fleeting as food. And God also created us in His image, so to Him we are the most beautiful creatures ever anyway. But it is what's inside that counts.

I guess my point here is that I long to be beautiful in God's eyes, not just in the eyes of the world. And I can't help but think that the more I increase in the first area, the more beautiful the world will see me too!


1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing idea! I have always wanted to be a Proverbs 31 woman!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...