Saturday, November 20, 2010

Closet Organization

I love Saturday mornings! I love waking up at 8:00 and getting right into the cleaning, and clothes washing, and everything else that makes domestic life so grand. NOT!!!

Today started off around 7:30 when Landen got up to go to work. I hate weekends that he has to work because he isn't here but I also kinda like them because I can get a lot accomplished around the house. Normally, I would have curled back up in bed with Abbey and slept for another hour or so and then started my day, but since we had a cable technician coming to our house sometime between the hours of 8 and 12 I had to be up, dressed, and ready to go bright and early. After I did the normal weekend chores of sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and washing clothes I decided to try to find my Christmas card list. I had an idea where it might be so I opened up one of our downstairs closets to this:


Needless to say I abandoned looking for the Christmas card list and decided to spend my time wisely and FINALLY clean out that closet. It is such a small closet that it's hard to organize things in but I was determined to get it done. So I pulled everything out, brought out a bag of garbage bags, and got to work organizing, throwing away, and carrying unnecessary things (i.e, lights we bought to go in the upstairs bathroom a year ago) down into the basement.

After about 2 hours this is what the closet looks like now:


The best part is that since I was able to clear off some of the shelves I could also use it as an extension to our home office which freed up some space in there as well. I had a metal shelf against the wall that held folders, paper, etc and I just moved that down into the basement!


(I also got around to re-organizing our billing system which was a huge relief!)

So all in all, not a bad morning, and with shopping in the afternoon it doesn't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...